Saturday 25 May 2013

Clarisse's letter

Dear Montag,
I am alive. I was not killed by a car as the news reported; however, I was attacked by a Mechanical Hound. I barely escaped with my life, but I have managed to flee from it. More importantly, the reason I was attacked is because the authorities found out I was beginning to start a rebellion. Do you remember when I told you about the times my grandfather lived in? A place where children didn't kill each other and where people believed in responsibility. Well I'm determined to make things like they were. Montag, I'm writing this letter to you because I believe in you. I believe that you don't agree with how life is being lived today. I can see that you know burning houses, books, and even people, is wrong. I want you to know that you don't have to live this way. We can convince the people that there are things to care about, like the rain, the moon, and books. Montag, I urge you to come join me.


Yours sincerely,

Clarisse McClellan

No comments:

Post a Comment