Saturday 25 May 2013

Beatty's Letter

Dear Montag,
I am writing this letter to you out of my concern for you. A few days ago, our team went through something difficult. I understand your shock and confusion from that night. I also want to let you know it's natural for certain thoughts to conjure in your head. Maybe curiosity has begun to invade your mind. The thought of a person dying willingly because they were going to lose their books is hard to grasp. However, you must know, for that reason we are doing the right thing. Books are manipulative, and the only things they do are brainwashing people. As you saw a few days ago, books have the power to end people's lives. Montag, you and I are the peacekeepers of this nation. We must do our duty to preserve equality and the truth. You are one of my best men and I know your a little shaken up right now, but I have complete confidence that you'll be back and ready to do the good work. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Yours truly,
Captain Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment