Sunday 26 May 2013

Guy's Letter

Dear Mildred,
I know the last few days were strange for you. I have been acting different, and I know that you have noticed. The reason to this is because I have been considering my career as a fireman. I cannot continue doing my job. I have to change not just my career, but also everything. I realized how corrupt of a society we're living in after the night of that women's death. There is something very wrong when it is natural to burn people because they have books. I have also been reflecting on our relationship, and know there is something clearly wrong. Don't you understand my pain of coming home every night wondering if you've overdosed on sleeping pills? For these reasons I must change. I don't know exactly how I'm going to do that; however, I do know books hold something very special within them, and I want to find out if they hold the key to change. I would say I love you Mildred, but the truth is I don't feel anything towards you. Another reason for why I must change.

Yours faithfully,
Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment