Sunday 26 May 2013

Faber's Letter

Dear Montag,
I hope you are doing well. It was very nice to meet you and have our little talk. I may have been reluctant when you were at my house, but that was due to my cowardice. Montag, I encourage you to pursue your goal to the very end. We cannot afford to have any more books destroyed by those pitiful people that call themselves firemen. Books are what have given us perspective, and a people without perspective is dead! Books expose the pores in our society; they make us reflect on what we are doing wrong and what we are doing right. Because our society has been stripped of books, we have become a blind people without any guidance or standards. The remedy to our society is not just books though, it is what's written in them. Granted, that I came up with the idea, you are the one that decided to pursue it. Go and pursue your goal Montag, and do not give up!

Yours truly,
Faber

No comments:

Post a Comment